Thursday, April 1, 2010

An Interview Is Not A Job Offer

What does a job interview mean to a job seeker? Momentary relief, a new reason for hope, and perhaps the chance to get the job of your dreams. Although an interview can be a great accomplishment I want to let you all know that "An Interview Is Not A Job Offer".

If you have an upcoming interview prepare for it. Furthermore, make sure that you review the job description of the position you will be interviewing for. Practice answering interview questions and think about stories that will showcase your work experience.

Even though you should approach your job interview with confidence, you don't want to abandon your job search until a formal offer has been made. I know from from personal experience that I have slowed or eliminated my job search activities after I have been informed of an interview. One reason for my action is that I always live by the theory that all I need is an interview and I will definitely get the job. Moreover, the process of searching for a job can be exhausting.

Finally, you may interview well but your qualifications may fall short of your competition. You could also interview well and the potential employer may not be ready to hire you as quickly as you would like. Nevertheless, don't stop your job search until a job offer has been made because "An Interview Is Not A Job Offer".


No comments:

Post a Comment